Thursday, April 26, 2007

He knows just what he is doing.

We have not given much thought to potty training because A has not shown any signs at all. Sometimes I wonder if he will still be in diapers when he is 18. He just HATES to be changed and runs if I even think about looking at a diaper. The Dr has said this is normal. She said that most boys are not ready until 3 or 3 1/2.

Well the past two days I have been putting the special swimming diapers on him so he can swim in his little pool. Mind you this is the 1st time since last Oct he has worn these so he has no idea that they are special. Or so I thought. Tonight before going to bed he saw his pool outside and ran to the basket in the living room where I keep his diapers and dug around and grabbed one of the special diapers, brought it to me, and said, "I want to go swimming!"

Now... why or why can't he bring me a regular diaper and tell me he needs to be changed??? Ugh! Little stinker.

3 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

Yeah.....I am not sure he is equating it to a diaper really Keara. He just knows he wears it in the pool. He is such a smart cookie that boy. Kenna is much the same and shows no interest in the potty either. They are busy working on the cognitive stuff.

Colleen said...

Im sorry Keara. We have been working on and off with potty training b/c Tyler will takes his diaper off when he has a dirty diaper or wants to go play in the bathroom. He loves to sit on the toilet for the first week we start up agin but then he just wants to go in and play after that week so we stop training. It just seems like its going to be a frustrating cycle.

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

He is just WAY too busy to worry about having to go to the potty right now, mama!

We haven't gotten a potty for D yet, so I am confident we will be close to three by the time she has learned that potty thing. :D
M