Tuesday, November 6, 2007

What have we been up to??? LOTS!

What have we been up to???

Anden was evaluated on Oct 31st for his sensory issues. He was average or above average on all of his developmental areas. They do believe he has Sensory Intergration Disorder. He is going to now meet with an Occupational Therapist for an hour a week up until he turns 3 in Jan. We are also going to meet with the school district in mid Dec to see if he qualifies for their services once he turns 3. I am really anxious to see what they do with him. His first appt is on Friday of this week and it will be all done through play therapy.

Anden also surprised us and really enjoyed Halloween. He picked up the concept REAL QUICK! Go to one house, ring the door bell, say "PLEEEASSSSSE!", get candy, and go on to the next house. My little boy is so polite. :P

Cole is still happy go lucky! Can you believe he is already 5 months old? Time flies! Such a happy laid back baby. All you have to do is look at him and he will light up and smile. He knows how to warm Mama's heart! He only really gets upset when he is hungry. He has started on solids but we only do it every few days to get him used to it. We are not in a big rush. I think he really enjoys sweet potatoes though. What do you think? Is is also working on sitting up.


Joe is loving his job. We are hoping he can get on a regular job soon so he will have more regular hours. He is dreaming and aching to get a bike. He wants one so bad. Hopefully he will get this pay raise that the company has been talking about. He is also the best husband and daddy. So proud of his family and boys. :)

I have been really busy too. I opened up my Etsy shop. It has been doing pretty good. I have gotten about 6 orders now so it is keeping me busy. I have also started training for a work at home job. I am nervous and excited. It is a very flexible job where I can pick my own hours and work when I want to. I was just ready to make some money and do something for myself but not ready to leave the boys so this will be the next best thing. I will probably work when they go to bed or wake up early and work while they are still asleep. I can also pick up some hours when Joe is home and it will give us a little extra spending money for Christmas! :)

Hope everyone is doing well!

4 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

You certainly do have a lot going on. WOW! I am in SHOCK that Cole is 5 months.....:( time is flying...and I don't like it.one.bit!

Lori said...

Good luck with everything. We can't wait to try on the tutu.

shoeaddict said...

I came here from Megan's blog. Your boys are adorable!! I checked out the work-at-home page and am thinking of doing it too! Thanks for the link.

I hope Anden gets what he needs from whoever can give it to him. I didn't fully understand exactly what he was diagnosed with but, I'm sorry he had to be diagnosed with anything that has the word "disorder" in it.

Kristen

Jennifer said...

Hey Keara! Wow you guys have been busy! The boys are so cute! I can't believe Cole is already 5 months...no more than I can believe Ben is 10 months! ;)
Sorry to hear about Anden's diagnosis, glad you are doing the EI & getting the help that he will need. Andrew's friends has SID, went through EI & is also still going through the school district in 2nd grade, he is doing awesome though, has come along way in the past few years!
Good luck with the therapy & your new job! I want to hear more about that! :)
Love the bike Joe's got his eye on! :)